Aenglum has, like a lot, of races and classes to choose from, and this is not only a good thing of course, but I choose this step, maybe as a part to make each player choosing THE package he/she wanted.
The races as of now are:
- Northman (Sort of human vikings)
- Midlander (Human "european"- french, swizz, dutch, german)
- Southling (Mostly like Romans - Italians, greece )
- Swordelf (a kind of island living bushido elves)
- Blackling (The goth elves. if elves were Romanian)
- Dwarf (the usual kind)
- Halflings (That short people)
The Classes as of now are:
Three pure fighter classes
- Fighters (best melee)
- Archers (best ranged)
- Defenders (best defense)
Three pure magic classes
- Dollmasters (best summoners)
- Necromancers (best at death)
- Wizards (best at magic as a whole)
Three Specialist classes
- Assassin (best silent killer)
- Thief (best at skills)
- Jester (special)
Three Faith classes
Four mix classes
- Swordmage (offensive magic fighter)
- Templar (good at keeping the morale)
- Witchhunter (best at protection from evil)
- Beasthide (best at changing form)
It is a god damn work to balance these and make each intresting and a good choice to play. Yeah, and this mixed with my from time to time reluctance of rules. To keep it simple and at the same time fun and diverce. Sometimes I wich I had a partner in crime so this mountain wouldn't feel as tall, but the next day it is fun to be the head crazy in the asylum as well!
This week inpirations: Ironclad, season of the witch and some more like that.
note to self. The templar must be less paladin and more a fighter with inspiration, training and faith as weapon. The code of conduct, promises made, that way of living.